Sunday, September 22, 2013

Senses of Humor

Sometimes I forget that my daughter might have a sense of humor, but it's not a cruel one.

While sitting at my computer today, she came over and wiped a baby wipe on my arm.  When I asked what it was, she told me that her mom had just used it to wipe my new daughter's ass, and then she broke into hysterical giggles.  I almost exploded - my face turned red and tension came to my voice when I said, "WHAT?!?!"

Rachel then giggled again and said, "Relax, daddy - it was clean.  You just got practical joked!"

It took a few seconds for this to register, and I understood I should've known better.  Rachel's sense of humor might not be as developed as yours or mine, but I also know she would never do something intentionally cruel or gross like that.  Sometimes, I forget who my own daughter is and put her in the frame of one of my college buddies.

I've gotta be careful, since too many incidents of daddy overreacting could lead to a child less willing to be silly.  It would help if I just remembered she wasn't Ashton Kutcher.
Russ

No comments:

Post a Comment